We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, including the member database, it will be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective as of January 1, 2021.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you give us:
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion forums, or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and/or credit card information.
- Personal information, including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, professional, personal, and/or demographic information, and any other information related to your membership or participation in your Retirees For Justice membership, programs, services, and/or events. Personal information may be provided by you during the membership and/or registration process.
- Payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to register for or renew your membership, register for or purchase programs and/or services, and/or make voluntary donations related to our programs, events, and/or services.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of registrations and event participation, programs, services, or publications either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Data we collect from you:
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system and platform
- Local time zone
- Location information
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as time visited, clicks), methods used to browse away from the page
We may use this data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
How We Process Your Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Personal Data that you give us:
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and/or other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related membership services;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- to notify you about changes to our membership service; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer or mobile device.
Information we collect about you:
We may use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer or mobile device;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
How Retirees For Justice uses this information:
- To promote sound internal record keeping.
- To improve our products, resources, and services.
- To contact our members and visitors with newsletters and emails about events, resources, industry news, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and contact information which you have provided.
When We Share and Who Can Access Your Personal Data:
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- Partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site.
- Trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing).
SELLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties.
Cookies are small text files that web servers typically send to users’ computer when they visit a website. Cookies are stored as text files on users’ hard drive and can be accessed by web servers when the user visits a website or views an advertisement. A session cookie is a cookie that stores information as a user is using the Site but is deleted once the browser session is finished. A persistent cookie is a cookie that stores information as a user utilizes the Site and stores and uses that information in connection with future visits of the user to the Site. Third-party cookies and/or web beacons are cookies or web beacons provided by our technology and/or advertising partners. Any third-party cookie or web beacon that we authorize for use on the Site only collects that information described below for the same stated purposes as if we were directly collecting the information. For a third-party cookie or web beacon, the third-party will have access to the collected information in order to provide us with information or services to enhance the performance and functionality of the Site.
The cookies and web beacons we use collect non-personally identifiable information about users of the Site, including: browser used to access the site, date and time, the URL of the page being loaded, visits to particular web pages, any previously assigned cookie identification (a unique identifier assigned to a user to identify repeat visitors), browser window size, the geographic location of the user, device and operating system used to access the Site. The information we collect from these cookies and web beacons is used to determine information about a user’s visit to our Site, including the number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information is used to enhance the users experience while visiting our Site and to improve the performance of our Site by, among other things, allowing us to monitor Site performance, making the Site easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of promotional placements, and tailoring the Site (including the ads and offers a user receives) to better match a user’s interests and preferences.
Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their Internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive. If you consent to our collection of cookies and you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to manage the settings on your web browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Please note that disabling cookies on your browser will prevent us from tracking your activities in relations to our Site, however, it may also disable some of the functions and features of the Site and the Site may not work properly.
We will periodically send you email messages and email communications related to our mission. If you decide you no longer wish to receive emails, you can click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each message you receive and follow the instructions for opting out or contact us via email.
You can review your membership profile on www.RetireesForJustic.org at any time.
INFORMATION CORRECTION & DELETION
Retirees for Justice members have the right to correct or update information. Any data that is no longer needed for the purpose of membership may be deleted by us and will be deleted at your request. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Information may be retained by us indefinitely. Contact us via email for instructions on correcting and deleting information.
This website is not targeted nor directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with his or her information, please notify us immediately via email.
DATA BREACH RESPONSE POLICY
Any individual who suspects a theft, breach or exposure of our protected data has occurred must immediately provide a description of the event to us. We will investigate all reported thefts, data breaches and exposures to confirm if an incident has occurred. If an incident has occurred all affected users will be notified immediately of the scope of incident, steps to correct the situation, and any further actions to help serve our members in protecting their information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Site may contain links to third party websites, applications, and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications. or services nor any association with their operators. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including websites or services directly linked to our Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from our Site.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Data to us, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us via email.
INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY LAWS
We are committed to making our website accessible to everyone. We have implemented many standards as defined by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) specifications. Whether you are using assisted technologies like a screen reader, a magnifier, voice recognition software, or captions for videos, we aim to provide a positive website experience that will be successful and enjoyable. If you have difficulty using or accessing any element of this website for any reason, we want to know about it and are here to assist.